Enhance your appearance and feel more confident in your smile with veneers.
If you’ve ever envied one of your favorite Hollywood stars because of a perfect smile then chances are good that you’ve actually been envying their cosmetic dentistry. Porcelain veneers are an amazingly versatile cosmetic treatment that can completely transform and makeover your smile. From the Cambridge and Easton offices of our cosmetic dentists, find out more about the benefits of porcelain veneers.
What Veneers Can Do For You
Dental veneers are ultra-thin shells that are made to look just like real tooth enamel. They are bonded to the front of your teeth to completely change the overall appearance of your smile in as little as two-to-three trips to our office. By covering teeth with veneers we can hide,
- Discolorations and severe stains
- Chips and cracks
- Small gaps between teeth
- Minor crookedness or overlapping
- Malformed or misshapen teeth
- Uneven or worn down teeth
Any issues that affect the appearance of your teeth can often be improved with the help of dental veneers. Though in order to get them, you will first need to visit our Cambridge, MD, dentist for an evaluation.
We will check to make sure that your teeth are strong enough to support dental veneers and that there aren’t any issues like decay or active gum disease that will need to be treated before you can get cosmetic dentistry. Once we deem you appropriate for veneers here are the simple steps involved,
- Tooth preparation: Unlike dental crowns, which require us to shave down a substantial amount of the tooth in order to fit the crown on top, dental veneers require very little enamel removal. In fact, the removal is so minimal that it can often be performed without even needing local anesthesia to numb the area.
- Impressions: Once teeth are prepped we will need to take impressions or molds of your mouth. These molds will be sent to a dental lab so that they have the exact measurements of your teeth from which to create your personalized veneers. Each veneer is custom-made based on your measurements.
- Temporary veneers: In some cases, we may need to place temporary dental veneers to protect the teeth until your permanent veneers are created.
- Fitting your permanent veneers: Once your permanent veneers have been made, you will come back in so that we can check the fit and look before bonding them to the front of your teeth using a special dental resin and a laser to harden the veneers to your teeth.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Eastern Shore Smile Solutions in Cambridge and Easton, MD, is dedicated to giving you the smile you deserve with help from cosmetic dentistry. If you have questions about the different services that we offer or if you want to find out if porcelain veneers are right for you, call our office today at (443) 205-4757 to schedule a consultation.